When it comes to determining whether the IR35 applies to you or one of your employees, it can be difficult. On this guide you will find a step-by-step to how you can determine and what changes are being made.
What is IR35?
Off-payroll or IR35 are working rules for clients, workers and their intermediaries. It is known as the piece of legislation that allows HMRC to collect additional payment where a contractor is an employee in all but name. Whether a contractor is an employee in all but name might vary from client to client. When determining this HMRC will look at the key factors which are:
- Does the contractor have to carry out the work personally, rather than being able to send a substitute?
- Is the client told to have to provide the contractor with work, and/or does the contractor have to carry out any work that the client requests?
- Is the client in control over how, when and where the contractor carries out the work?
If the rules apply, tax and National Insurance contributions must be deducted from fees and paid to HMRC. You can use HMRC’s online tool to help you determine IR35.
Who does it apply to?
HGV Drivers… Do the IR35 April 6th changes apply to you? If you are self-employed you need to consider whether you are classed as an inside or outside IR35. if you have answered yes to any of the above you may be classed as ‘Inside’ IR35, (effectively an employee) and therefore you may need to take action.
How Bakers Waste can help you
Bakers Waste can help you if you are a self-employed driver, tipper, trucking or courier by offering you a number of benefits of becoming a full time employee. In return for your hard work and commitment, we can offer you:-
- Full time permanent Contract of employment
- Inclusion into the Company pension
- Free skip (once eligible, T&C apply)
- Support from our Workshop
- Ongoing funded DCPC training
- Will consider newly qualified a C/C+E licence holders
We provide a wide variety of Waste Management and Recycling Services to over 5000 clients. Passionate about recycling and waste reduction, Bakers Waste are serious about their role in educating and encouraging our clients and the local community to consider their impact on the environment and employ best practice to make saving the planet a reality. Here is just one of many testimonials from our drivers.